Thursday, September 20, 2007

..YES...IT'S GONNA BE A LONG WALK HOME....

Last night I stood at your doorstep.
Trying to figure out what went wrong.
You just slipped something into my palm and you were gone.
I could smell the same deep green of summer 'Bove me the same night sky was glowin'.
In the distance I could see the town where I was born.
It's gonna be a long walk home...
Hey pretty darling, don't wait up for me .
Gonna be a long walk home...
A long walk home ...
In town I pass Sal's grocery Barber shop on South Street
I looked in their faces, They're all rank strangers to me
Well Veteran's Hall high upon the hill Stood silent and alone .
The diner was shuttered and boarded With a sign that just said "gone".
It's gonna be a long walk home....
Hey pretty darling, don't wait up for me
Gonna be a long walk home ...
Hey pretty darling, don't wait up for me.
Gonna be a long walk home .
It's gonna be a long walk home .
Here everybody has a neighbor. Everybody has a friend . Everybody has a reason to begin
again.
My father said "Son, we're lucky in this town, It's a beautiful place to be born.
It just wraps its arms around you, Nobody crowds you and nobody goes it alone"
"Your flag flyin' over the courthouse .
Means certain things are set in stone.
Who we are, what we'll do and what we won't"
It's gonna be a long walk home....
Hey pretty darling, don't wait up for me .
Gonna be a long walk home...

1 comment:

ADE- AYUDA Y DEFENSA ÉQUIDOS Teléf. 669.990.139- 93.836.82.34 said...

IIIUPYYY!!! ESTAREMOS ANSIOSOS DE CONOCER A NATASHA Y VEROS.
MUM